Sony Ericsson K200i flash protection

Vadim Yanitskiy axilirator at gmail.com
Sun Dec 3 07:49:15 UTC 2023

Hi Mychaela,

On 02.12.2023 16:15, Mychaela Falconia wrote:
> I got flash sector lock/unlock manipulation implemented for PL-J style
> of flash, which includes Spansion S71PL-J and Samsung K5L29xx which is
> an equivalent of PL129J.  If you execute 'flash ppb-erase-all' on a
> K2x0 phone with Samsung flash, the result should be all sectors
> unlocked.  It works on the phone I tested here, and the same
> functionality also works on S71PL064J flash on FC Tango modules.
> I don't have any Spansion PL129J to test on.

just letting you know that it worked!  I was able to unlock all flash
sectors on a K200i phone with the SAMSUNG flash.  I was then able to
flash a dump from another phone with more recent fw (R1AA003) and it
worked.  But of course this is not a proper upgrade, since I need to
preserve the IMEI and calibration while flashing, so I flashed the
original dump back.  In any case, protection defeated!  Good job!

P.S. I am seeing more commits in the freecalypso-tools repository ;)

--
Best regards,
Vadim.