FreeCalypso update

David Matthews mail at dmatthews.org
Fri Nov 13 10:15:33 UTC 2020

>One important correction: the phone which I seek to build won't be the
>first libre mobile phone on Earth, instead it will be the second - the
>first was Openmoko.

!!

I was about to jump in and correct Rafael, since I already have a fully liberated openmoko. Problem is that although the GSM side works fine the linux side of it is still fairly flaky and the people working on the various distros moved on to other things long since.

So for the little phone use I do, I now have a as yet unliberated C139. As our governments around the world reveal their true hand, I less and less want to use a cellular phone at all, but I'm with Rafael in wishing it be liberated.

--
David Matthews
mail at dmatthews.org