Reopening Openmoko's bug #666

David Matthews mail at dmatthews.org
Thu May 21 20:14:16 UTC 2020

hi Mchaela

>I need to revisit Openmoko's bug #666, the beastly bug involving SIM
>cards.

I was pretty late on the OpenMoko scene, but I do remember version 11 coming out and applying the fix. It felt like a rather dodgy process (very unlike fc-host-tools) and I had one of the OpenMoko people, well not exactly holding my hand, but seeming quite concerned that the patch had worked. It did and I guess his attitude was not unreasonable.

In the fairly short period before this upgrade I never experienced any Sim card issues, so I guess I never had an affected Sim.

I agree that the old OpenMoko list has gone quiet for the best part of a decade, but I think you might get a response if you post to it. Finding someone who still has a misbehaving Sim is a long shot though.

--
David Matthews
mail at dmatthews.org