Legal situation

viva astoria viva.astoria at yandex.ru
Sat Sep 2 20:27:51 UTC 2017

> Alternatively you could try talking to TI and beg and plead with them
> to voluntarily relinquish their copyright claims on their very dead
> and very ancient abandonware and release it into the public domain. I
> am guessing that you would probably need to wave a few million dollars
> in front of them just to get their attention.

Wait... Are you talking about the firmware or about the specifications (i. e. what commands for the TI processor are available and what they do)? If you are talking about some firmware whose source already exists since it leaked from TI, and the chip already exists as well, then what is FreeCalypso project actually doing?

I've seen something about hardware development at FreeCalypso website. My impression was that the project is going to develop a new GSM chip that could be used with free firmware. Is that impression wrong?