Power supply for FCDEV3B

Das Signal das.signal at freecalypso.org
Mon May 8 08:52:55 UTC 2017

Hi Mychaela,

Thank you for the power supply. In the past, I have used a regulated
power supply with adjustable voltage and 1.5A max current. To use it
with either DP-L10 or C1xx, I removed the lithium part of the battery,
and connected the GND and power to where the lithium battery was.
This way the phones believes there is an actual battery connected.
Alternatively, I believe since the communication is I2C, one could
use a microcontroller for the purpose of feeding the appropriate info.
This is fine for the C1xx, although of course charging must not be
active, otherwise current is sent into the supply in the case of the
DP-L10.

--DS