Power supply for FCDEV3B

Mychaela Falconia mychaela.falconia at gmail.com
Mon May 8 00:58:04 UTC 2017

For those of you who already have an FCDEV3B or are expecting one, I
have what I believe to be the perfect power supply for it: Keti
SA06-8S03R-V, apparently also known as SA06-8S036-V-A2R.  I was lucky
to find this PS back in 2015-08 when I scored an original TI D-Sample
kit which needs battery-emulating power just like our FCDEV3B, and I
bought one of these power supplies at that time; later I bought
another 10 in 2016-05.

This power supply is a small brick (about 9x5x3.5 cm), it takes AC
mains power in (full international range) through the same type of AC
entry connector as on desktop PC power supplies, and the output is
3.6 VDC rated at 2.2 A.  The DC output is on a directly attached cord;
this cord originally terminated in a round plug, but I cut those round
plugs off and installed Weidmuller 1716330000 connectors in their
place, to mate with Weidmuller 1510460000 on the FCDEV3B or on TI's
D-Sample, Leonardo and earlier boards.

The only problem with these power supplies is that I have not found
any place to get more of them: neither the place where I bought my
first nor the place where I bought the other 10 has them listed any
more. :-(  These power supplies are only needed for development boards,
they won't be needed for complete phones or other potential commercial
products we've been considering, so their shortage won't affect our
ability to build complete phones or other commercial FreeCalypso
products in volume, but if we get a significant demand for our
development boards (from hackers/tinkerers and whatnot), we won't be
able to provide our users with convenient power supplies unless

(a) we can find more of these Keti power supplies somewhere, or

(b) we custom-order some power supply manufacturer to custom-make a
big batch of similar power supplies for us, already with the right
connectors in this case.

The 10 Keti power supplies I currently have are reserved for the most
active FreeCalypso developers and supporters of our project, and they
have already been fitted with Weidmuller connectors for our FCDEV3B.
One of these power supplies will accompany the board that is going to
Das Signal.

If anyone happens to know of some other suitable power supply option
that is comparable to these Keti ones in terms of compactness and
convenience, please post here!