FCDEV3B bring-up status

Mychaela Falconia mychaela.falconia at gmail.com
Fri May 5 17:17:50 UTC 2017

Hi Serg,

> However still no joy. I have log file here for now [...]
> <https://drive.google.com/a/tvman.org.ua/file/d/0B-LGWaryBRksQS01Wll1V1lIb19vZVRCMC1WVWk5akZxem1r/view?usp=drive_web>

The firmware behaviour seen in your log does look strange; I have never
seen any fw behave like this.  When you issue at+cops=0, it starts as
expected by switching between EU and US band pairs (BAND_R/BAND_C
exchanges) and running power measurements across all channels in each
band pair (RXL_R/RXL_I exchanges) - so far, so good.  But then the fw
should start making FB acquisition attempts on the best candidate
channels, whereas your log shows all activity stopping at that point,
just the ADC traces that are seen in the no-GSM-running state.

When I previously tested Citrine fw on the FCDEV3B a few days ago, I
did not take it as far as trying network connection, so I just tried
it now.  I booted my Citrine build from 2-3 days ago (via fc-xram) and
issued the same AT commands I usually use to test network connection,
and it worked just fine for me, no worse than Magnetite.

I just made this tarball:

https://www.freecalypso.org/members/falcon/fcdev3b/citrine-20170505.tar.bz2

Inside you will find the ramImage I used, the build.conf it was built
from, and the log of my successful network connection with this fw on
FCDEV3B S/N 001.