FCDEV3B bring-up status

Mychaela Falconia mychaela.falconia at gmail.com
Wed May 3 03:48:59 UTC 2017

Hi Serg,

> Another report. I flashed the image built by Mychaela, booted from it and
> re-entered VCXO calibration values into FFS via tmsh.

Re-entered via fc-tmsh?  Why were they not already in the non-volatile
FFS?  Perhaps you forgot to save them in the flash with me 102 and
me 103 commands the first time?  If so, it would surely explain why
you were previously unable to lock onto a cell...

> The MS registered with the network in one shot without any problems.
> I was able to make and receive calls and SMS. I concluded this test by a
> shot of whiskey in order to celebrate this milestone of the project.

Yay!

By the way, is your board booting fine from flash in mode 1, or did you
have to use the flash boot mode 0 workaround?

> The next step would be to try Citrine with the same FFS content.

See the latest commit I just pushed into freecalypso-citrine, adding
feature fcfam-ffs.  It has the same end effect as feature aftermarket-ffs,
but is arguably cleaner when the hardware target is our own rather than
aftermarket.