FCDEV3B update

Mychaela Falconia mychaela.falconia at gmail.com
Fri Mar 17 04:37:34 UTC 2017

Hello FreeCalypso community,

The moment of truth with our FCDEV3B modem development boards is
coming near: yesterday I received the PCBs from China, and today I
took these PCBs and all of the parts to the contract manufacturing
facility where these boards will be assembled.  I discussed all of the
issues with the people there, and they said that they will probably
get around to doing our assembly some time next week or the week after
- IOW, I am hoping to have the assembly happen some time before the
end of March.

When they do assemble our boards, they will do visual/optical and
X-ray inspection to verify that all components have been populated and
soldered correctly, but of course they cannot be held responsible for
the functionality of the finished boards: uncertainties in the quality
of the critical components from the surplus market, in the quality of
the PCBs or any design errors are not the fault of the assembly shop.

When I receive the boards from the assembly shop, I will ohm-check
them for shorts, and if this check passes, apply power and see what
happens.  Stay tuned for the moment of truth in another week or two.