FCDEV3B bring-up status

Das Signal das.signal at freecalypso.org
Mon Apr 17 08:20:33 UTC 2017

Hi Serg,

As Mychaela has mentioned, the CP2102 works well. However if you prefer to
use a FT232 and cannot easily patch your kernel, you will find attached a
patch to fc-tools that adds the option -f, enabling the ftdi workaround that
uses FTDI's proprietary ASYNC_SPD_CUST (if you don't pass -f, the tools do
work as before).

Regarding the toolchain, it is a bit less easy to build with recent versions
of gcc, but still doable -- for workarounds see:

https://www.freecalypso.org/pipermail/community/2015-November/000120.html
https://www.freecalypso.org/pipermail/community/2015-November/000121.html

Alternatively you can compile in an older version of your preferred distro
(for example with debootstrap) and simply reuse the compiled binaries in your
current system. I agree that it would be nice for the project to provide
those binaries, like what we already do for the wine development environment
at ftp://ftp.freecalypso.org/GSM/TI_src/wine/

--DS