FreeCalypso hardware update

Das Signal das.signal at freecalypso.org
Fri Sep 4 20:12:07 CEST 2015

Hi SF,

Thanks for the updates! On my side I've done a couple more tests using
OpenBTS and various cell phones; contrary to my earlier hypothesis, it
appears no matter what codec list is sent in the Call Control Setup
message, OpenBTS always replies in the channel assignment message with
the GSM FR codec, which is the oldest and first specified by the GSM
standard. I believe this may be due to asterisk only supporting GSM FR.
So now I'm unsure the problem we're seeing with FreeCalypso when dialing
comes from the codec patch (unless the codec patch is required for
GSM FR as well) or another issue. More investigation will be required!

--DS