FreeCalypso website update

Das Signal das.signal at freecalypso.org
Mon Nov 23 12:00:18 CET 2015

Hi Mychaela,

> * Ability to use a wired headset - C139 has the jack, but we need it
>   for the debug UART, hence the wired headset function is lost;

I tried an experiment today on a C118, connecting both a wired headset
and a serial cable, not through the jack but using the test points on the back:

http://bb.osmocom.org/trac/raw-attachment/wiki/MotorolaC123/compal_testpads.png

Amazingly, it worked! The audio was polluted by a low frequency buzzing
sound (presumably the serial output), but I could hear myself and the other
party. The same hack could presumably be done on the C139, since it also
has the UART pins exposed. I'm not sure how useful this will be in the long
term, but who knows. The debug UART was running at 812500, so perhaps this
buzzing sound could be reduced by switching to a lower baud rate.

--DS