Status of TCS211 on C139

Das Signal das.signal at freecalypso.org
Sat Nov 14 00:00:21 CET 2015

On Fri, Nov 13, 2015 at 06:15:24PM +0000, Mychaela Falconia wrote:

> DS, how about you?  Have you had a chance to flash tcs211-c139 into
> one of your C139s and play with it?

Hi Mychaela,

Compiling tcs211-c139 was extremely straightforward, by the way on
Debian 8 (and 7 too) wine behaves nicely, and the nowhine wrapper is
not needed.

When flashing the firmware at 812500 baud I encountered three times
in a row the "error: command echo mismatch" message. Since I can flash
my GTA02 and C118 at this speed I don't think the cable is to blame;
instead, I suspect this C139 is not in great shape.

Nonetheless flashing at 406250 baud worked fine, and the phone started
with the GUI working! There are some small artifacts on the left, but
it's barely noticeable. One thing I did change was altering chipsetsw/
drivers/drv_app/ffs/board/dev.c to use 5 banks at 0x370000, this way
I can keep the current FFS and flash back the original ROM in case I'd
have to run tests on it. At first it seemed that accessing the FFS
with fc-fsio blocked after a few bytes (typically when listing /),
however it was simply because I had two rvinterf getting hold of /dev/
ttyUSB0 ;-) rfcap seems to be there, but I will still have to set a
proper IMEI before trying to connect to a real network.

Anyway this recent development is very satisfying! It is really nice
to be able to play with the GUI, which is actually not bad at all -
we might have to spice it up with some color though!

--DS