Status of TCS211 on C139

Mychaela Falconia falcon at ivan.Harhan.ORG
Fri Nov 13 16:11:18 CET 2015

Hi David,

> root at mapoko # fc-loadtool -h compal -c 1003 /dev/ttyUSB0
> Using Compal stage image /usr/local/share/freecalypso/compalstage-1003.bin
> Waiting for PROMPT1 from target (/dev/ttyUSB0) at 115200 baud
>
> and that's it even after 5mins - I never get the loadtool prompt.

Your fc-loadtool command is correct.  You are supposed to run this
command, and when it says "Waiting for PROMPT1", press the power
button on the phone.  Are you doing the latter?

When fc-loadtool is in that "Waiting for PROMPT1" state, it is doing
what it says: waiting for a certain sequence of bytes to arrive at the
serial port.  Thus you can swap phones (unplug one, plug another in
while the USB end remains plugged into your host machine), try the
power button repeatedly etc until you see some progress in the
fc-loadtool window.

DS just wrote:

> Try removing the battery, wait 10s, reinsert it then briefly pressing
> the hangup button.

Just to be clear, you need to run the fc-loadtool command (with the
serial cable connected) while the phone is in the fully powered off
state, and then with fc-loadtool running and waiting for PROMPT1,
press that red power/hangup button on the phone.  Are you doing the
steps in this exact sequence?