Help with warez
We have a mechanism whereby any contributor can upload large files to us without having to request an account or make any other special arrangements with us, i.e., you can remain completely anonymous if you like. If you have some warez which you think might be helpful to us, we kindly ask that you please consider uploading them to us via this portal.
The following items are what we are currently most interested in:
- A COFF file with symbols corresponding to the DSP ROM version 3606 that is cast into the Calypso silicon we are working with, to enable us to debug issues deep in the DSP.
- TI's production line calibration software, used by historical manufacturers of Calypso-based phones and modems to calibrate each individual unit on the factory production line.
- PCB layout files (either PADS or gerbers) for TI's Leonardo board, any variant.
- Schematics or any other hardware documentation for TI's D-Sample and/or E-Sample development boards. We have a real TI-made D-Sample kit and a PADS PCB file for the E-Sample (hence we could build the latter board ourselves), but no schematics for either.
- A copy of the D-Sample hardware test code that supposedly includes
D-Sample TETRISgame and this cute LCD picture.
The following items are things which we are not actively seeking currently but which we would nonetheless greatly appreciate:
Any documentation and/or firmware for the Calypso+ platform. TI's reference board for the Calypso+ chipset was called E-Sample, we have a PADS PCB file for it, so we could build one, but we would need firmware (and ideally some documentation too) in order for it to be useful beyond a very expensive paperweight.
Any firmware source or semi-source for any of the newer chipsets (MTK or any other vendor) that support 3G (UMTS) in addition to GSM/2G. So far we've been focusing on TI platforms to the exclusion of all others because all firmware source leaks we are aware of for the newer platforms have been hopelessly inferior compared to what we have available for TI's old chipsets, but if someone were to contribute a firmware source for some newer 3G-capable chipset that is no worse than what we have for TI LoCosto (at minimum it would need to include the full source for the dual-mode GSM+UMTS radio protocol stack and Layer 1), we would very gladly consider it.
Help with monetary donations
- Donations by personal check or money order may be sent to Mychaela Falconia, 603 Seagaze Dr. PMB #284, Oceanside, CA 92054, USA;
- Paypal donations may be sent to our FreeCalypso Treasurer, Paypal recipient ID firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Bitcoin donations may be sent to 159Yx6JRJ4oMLPTYrh1jW7fQ5D5tPHdnoM.
Help with your labour
The specialized skills we are most in need of are hardware design and PCB layout. Our first board design is now done and we have successfully built working boards from it, but all of our future product plans will require new PCB layout work, and even in the schematic design phase I could really use the help of someone who is more of an EE than I am.
If you are an EE or a PCB layout engineer and you would like to volunteer your labour to help our project, please email Mychaela.