FreeCalypso aftermarket toolkit

Mychaela Falconia falcon at freecalypso.org
Sat Jun 24 05:12:13 UTC 2023

Hello FreeCalypso community,

I just recently put together a new toolkit for running FC firmware in
aftermarket configurations on Motorola C1xx and Pirelli DP-L10 targets.
Here is the set of release tarballs, the toolkit plus precompiled
builds of FC Tourmaline firmware:

ftp://ftp.freecalypso.org/pub/GSM/FreeCalypso/fc-am-fw-c1xx-latest.tar.bz2
ftp://ftp.freecalypso.org/pub/GSM/FreeCalypso/fc-am-fw-pirelli-latest.tar.bz2
ftp://ftp.freecalypso.org/pub/GSM/FreeCalypso/fc-am-toolkit-latest.tar.bz2

The functionality of these FC aftermarket configs is mostly VPM (voice
pseudo-modem); the UI-enabled untethered config for C139 is included,
but it is still only a preview of what may some day be possible if we
can ever get done with all of our higher priorities, not actually
usable as a phone.  OTOH, the functionality of FreeCalypso VPM is much
more solid and is actually useful as a tool for GSM network testing -
I now mostly use FC firmware for the latter purpose; my work toward a
FreeCalypso end user phone has been moved to a far back burner given
the much more pressing need to build new GSM networks to serve as
replacements for those that are being wrongfully shut down around the
world.