FC DUART28 User's Manual

Mychaela Falconia falcon at freecalypso.org
Wed Dec 27 19:03:57 UTC 2023

Hello FC community,

In the spirit of better late than never, I just wrote and published a
proper user's manual for our DUART28 adapter:

https://www.freecalypso.org/pub/GSM/FreeCalypso/duart28-userman-latest.pdf
https://www.freecalypso.org/pub/GSM/FreeCalypso/duart28-userman-latest.ps

(PostScript is what my troff toolchain produces natively, whereas PDF -
the format preferred by those who didn't grow up in the Golden Era of
PostScript - is produced with ps2pdf tool which is a black box to me;
I always publish both.)

Those of you who have DUART28 adapters with your FCDEV3B or Caramel2
kits, now you can read the full details. :)  If you feel that some info
is missing from this user's manual and needs to be added, please post
in this thread.

No graphical schematics exist for this board (none were ever drawn -
like most of my boards, the design was done in a text-based PCB HDL
instead), but the design files that do exist are published:

https://www.freecalypso.org/pub/GSM/FreeCalypso/duart28-design-r1.tar.bz2

The linked tarball includes non-graphical "schematic" source for the
board, as well as PCB layout (done by Majenko, one of several hired
contractors I have worked with over the years) in pcb-rnd and Gerber
formats.