New FC host tools release

Mychaela Falconia falcon at freecalypso.org
Tue Dec 12 08:21:43 UTC 2023

Hello FreeCalypso community,

A new release of FC host tools is out:

https://www.freecalypso.org/pub/GSM/FreeCalypso/fc-host-tools-r21.tar.bz2
https://www.freecalypso.org/pub/GSM/FreeCalypso/fc-host-tools-latest.tar.bz2
(symlink)

All history of recent changes is here:

https://www.freecalypso.org/hg/freecalypso-tools/file/tip/CHANGES

I ended up down-scoping this release a little bit, compared to my
original plan.  My original plan was to add a few more features and
then cut the release, but I need to put some limit on the amount of
time I spend on this fun Calypso stuff and go back to the work that
is actually needed in the present reality - namely, more work on my
Themyscira Wireless network which serves as my personal replacement
for T-Mobile USA.  The existing ThemWi system sw components need an
overhaul to add vty etc to the long-running processes, and I need to
implement the long-deferred ThemWi SMSC.