Work toward FreeCalypso handset

Das Signal das.signal at freecalypso.org
Thu Sep 30 12:01:57 UTC 2021

Hi Mychaela,

First of all, congratulation on your successful operation and recovery,
I am glad everything went fine :-)

Although I'm afraid I don't have much news to share with the community,
I am nonetheless thankful for your continued work towards a completely
free handset, for which FC Venus is (imho) an important stepping stone.

In addition to the exellent FCDEV3B & Caramel2 (and the quite rare iWOW
DSK), a true Pirelli-like handset will be super nice; for instance having
a real loudspeaker is a very important requirement, and something lacking
on the Motorola C1XX. Similarly, the DP-L10 could use a larger LCD screen,
and the Wi-Fi/camera could be dropped completely. Also, the addition of a
real lithium battery to FC Venus is super cool and a great feature :-)

--DS