FC audio mode progress

Das Signal das.signal at freecalypso.org
Mon Oct 11 20:34:13 UTC 2021

On Sat, Oct 09, 2021 at 06:15:05PM -0800, Mychaela Falconia wrote:

> I remember, however, that some years ago our dear Das Signal was doing
> these kinds of little wire soldering hacks with a C1xx phone, probably
> mostly for JTAG, but maybe also for the UART connection.  DS - do you
> still have that C1xx phone with little wires soldered to contact pads?
> Or if not, would it be easier or faster for you to recreate that hack
> with UART wires on a C139 than it would be for me to do what I
> described above?

Hi Mychaela,

I did solder fine wires (AWG30 probably?) on the back of a C118 phone that
had all the pads connected, allowing be to test the JTAG and UART on this
particular phone. Soldering is not super hard but it requires an iron with
a fine tip. IIRC that was before FCDEV3B which is much easier to work with
wrt/ JTAG.

I did also solder the UART on at least two C139 phones, it is much easier
than the C1138 JTAG hack since only three wires are needed. I'd be happy
to give you a hand with reading the audio config :-) Also I can solder the
UART on more C139 if need be, as I already have the necessary soldering
equipment at home.

--DS