FC project direction

Mychaela Falconia mychaela.falconia at gmail.com
Sun Jun 13 09:20:31 UTC 2021

Hello FreeCalypso community,

I just finished writing a very important document that details the
direction in which I am taking the project and what I am working on.
This document is the FreeCalypso Handset Specification, and it lives
here in Hg:

https://www.freecalypso.org/hg/freecalypso-docs/file/tip/FC-handset-spec

Chapter 1 describes in great detail exactly what I seek to build in
terms of my dream FC Libre Dumbphone handset hardware;

Chapter 2 defines the scope of functionality for FreeCalypso handset
firmware, i.e., what needs to be supported vs. what won't be;

Chapter 3 describes the next development board I am about to embark on
designing and building;

Chapter 4 describes the side project of FreeCalypso Lite on Mot C139
hardware and explains how this side project relates to the main goal
and where it fits in the bigger scheme of things.

The whole document is very long and makes for very dense technical
reading, but it outlines our project direction going forward, thus for
anyone with an interest in FreeCalypso, I encourage you to read it.

Hasta la Victoria, Siempre,

Lady Mychaela Nadezhda Falconia,
Mother of FreeCalypso,
Dame of the Order of 2G,