Update on the quest for programmable SIMs

Das Signal das.signal at freecalypso.org
Fri Feb 26 08:04:55 UTC 2021

Hi Mychaela,

This is excellent news! The new GR2 cards should be of great usefulness
to the project, it is great that GRCard is still selling them :-)

About the IC, if you look closely at one SIM and are willing to
sacrifice it, you might notice there should be two pieces of plastic
(at least that was the case with GR1). I have removed the top piece of
plastic on one of my GR1 cards, therefore exposing the underside of the
die itself (which remains functional as it is still connected to the
pads). Looking at the footprint, I think GR1 can be cut to 3FF and 4FF,
but with the risk of the SIM getting stuck if the cut is not perfect
enough.

--DS