fc-host-tools-r12 release

Mychaela Falconia mychaela.falconia at gmail.com
Sun Mar 1 02:42:22 UTC 2020

Hello FC community,

I am pleased to announce the new release of FreeCalypso host tools:

ftp://ftp.freecalypso.org/pub/GSM/FreeCalypso/fc-host-tools-r12.tar.bz2

The -latest symlink has been updated accordingly:

ftp://ftp.freecalypso.org/pub/GSM/FreeCalypso/fc-host-tools-latest.tar.bz2

As I just explained earlier, fc-host-tools-r12 is a checkpoint release,
meaning that I will immediately start working toward the next release
that will have bigger changes which are expected to produce a significant
performance increase.  Therefore, if you have an already working
installation of an earlier version of FC host tools that works well
for you, there is no real need to update to the present release.  The
only use case for which you would need fc-host-tools-r12 or later is
operating on GTM900 modems: GTM900 target support in fc-host-tools-r11
was preliminary and incomplete, and is more complete in the present
release.  See the CHANGES file inside the release tarball for the full
scoop.

(For the sake of completeness, the new fc-host-tools-r12 release is
also required for operating on Caramel boards, a D-Sample-like
development platform, and the addition of that support was the catalyst
for the burst of development in Jan/Feb that led to the present
checkpoint release, but there are only two of those Caramel boards in
the world and they are in the hands of me and Das Signal, thus it
won't be a point of relevance for anyone else.)