回复: Perfect module (D751749ZHH)

songbosi 79543015 at qq.com
Tue May 28 19:25:28 UTC 2019

Hello Mychaela,

For your reference

https://app.2sim.cn/gsm/GTM900.pdf
https://app.2sim.cn/gsm/huawei.jpg
https://app.2sim.cn/gsm/huawei2.jpg
https://app.2sim.cn/gsm/huawei3.jpg

This module is HUAWEI GTM900-B

BR

发件人: "Mychaela Falconia"<mychaela.falconia at gmail.com>;
发送时间: 2019年5月29日(星期三) 凌晨0:43
收件人: "List for FreeCalypso community discussion"<community at freecalypso.org>;
抄送: "songbosi"<79543015 at qq.com>;
主题: Re: Perfect module (D751749ZHH)

Songbosi <79543015 at qq.com> wrote:

> Hello every one:

Hi Songbosi, and welcome to our little community.

> I am making a FAKE BTS defender(DOS of fake bts) since Jul 2017.
> This product is used to detect and attack the fake GSM station(running
> openbts).

OK, not too interested in this part, but...

> I use c118 at first and it work fine. But c118 is not a good idea
> for production.

Of course, no one should use any of those junk Motorola phones for
production - my family company has been making our own FreeCalypso
modem boards also since 2017:

https://www.freecalypso.org/fcdev3b.html

> I have disassembled many old GPRS modules , at last I found this module
> is perfect(D751749ZHH). Now I have 500 pcs left

As you can read on our website, I have a burning desire to produce our
own FreeCalypso-branded modem module:

https://www.freecalypso.org/modemmodule.html

My idea is to take an existing historical Calypso-based modem module
and create our own semi-clone of it.  So far the only historical
Calypso-based modem module I could find is BenQ M32 (can no longer be
bought anywhere I know of, but we have about 40 pieces here at
FreeCalypso headquarters), but if you have found a different one (as
your pictures suggest), I would be quite interested in taking a look
at your module and possibly using it as a basis for my own semi-clone.

> there are some picture to share with you.

If I am not mistaken, this is the picture you were trying to post as
an inline image (this mailing list does not allow attachments or
inline images, please post links instead):

https://app.2sim.cn/module.jpg

However, a datasheet for your modem module would be much more
interesting than the pictures - would you happen to have one that you
can share?  I am interested in seeing the complete mechanical form
factor of this module and its host connection interface.

> OsmocomBB is running on an ARM board, I think it can run
> Magnetite/Selenite also

Looking at your pictures, it looks like your modem module has a TI
Rita transceiver inside (the RF part behind the Calypso+Iota chipset),
unlike BenQ M32 which has a Silabs Aero+ RF transceiver instead.
Being Rita-based, your module should be much easier to support in
FreeCalypso - I can probably add this support if you send me a few
sample pieces of your module plus proper documentation.

If you are interested in working with us, please start by sharing some
pictures (please post links, NO attachments or inline images!) of just
the modem module by itself (without all other junk), both top and
bottom views, as well as a datasheet that explains how to connect
power and UART interfaces etc.

Sincerely,
Mychaela