MCSI breakthrough

Mychaela Falconia mychaela.falconia at gmail.com
Sat Mar 30 17:23:48 UTC 2019

Hi DS!

> I do have a BBxM that I bought several years ago along with a flyswatter2
> JTAG debugger and associated TI 14pin adapter.

OK, so far, so good...

> Also I have some unused
> logic level converter which is iirc https://www.adafruit.com/product/1875
> Do you think this board would be adequate for the purpose of connecting
> the FCDEV3B to the BBxM?

That level shifter tries to "magically autodetect" the direction for
bidirectional signals, and I personally would not trust it; with our
MCSI every signal is strictly unidirectional, hence it is better to
use fixed-direction level shifters like I did on my BB2FC adapter.
With your "generic" adapter you would also have to wire everything up
manually, and you would need some external source for a 2.8 V or 3.3 V
supply for the "HV" side of your converter - such supply pin is not
provided by either FCDEV3B or BB-xM.

Instead I very strongly urge you to use *my* BB2FC adapter, which you
can find in the bb2fc directory in the freecalyps-schem Hg repository.
Please have a little patience, just another few weeks, and I will then
be able to send you one of these little adapter boards fully assembled,
so you can just plug it into the bottom of your BB-xM and start the
software work.