FCDEV3B User's Manual

Mychaela Falconia mychaela.falconia at gmail.com
Mon Mar 11 21:35:19 UTC 2019

Hello FreeCalypso community,

I just put out a new version of the FCDEV3B User's Manual:

https://www.freecalypso.org/members/falcon/fcdev3b/fcdev3b-userman-1.25.pdf

Anyone in our community who currently has one of these boards or is
considering getting one should read this update; the two main updates
are:

* Chapter 4 has been updated to indicate that all previous limited
support for OsmocomBB is now officially withdrawn on the basis of OBB's
radio transmissions having been found to be in gross violation of GSM
specifications, and clarifying that anyone who still chooses to run
OBB on any Calypso GSM MS device despite having been warned about its
badness will not only be causing interference and disruption to public
radio communication networks, but doing so knowingly and willingly,
which means a higher level of criminal culpability.

* Appendix A has been updated with a description of our current
loudspeaker and microphone components.