fc-host-tools-r11 release

Mychaela Falconia mychaela.falconia at gmail.com
Thu Jun 20 05:49:42 UTC 2019

Hello FC community,

I am pleased to announce the new release of FreeCalypso host tools:

ftp://ftp.freecalypso.org/pub/GSM/FreeCalypso/fc-host-tools-r11.tar.bz2

Following the excellent suggestion from Das Signal, I have also added
a -latest symlink for long-term URLs:

ftp://ftp.freecalypso.org/pub/GSM/FreeCalypso/fc-host-tools-latest.tar.bz2

You can read the CHANGES file inside the tarball for the full details,
but the two biggest new developments that are visible to end users are
the addition of GTM900 target support and the VRPCAUX magic that fixes
the sequence of fc-loadtool or fc-iram entry via RESET, then soft
poweroff, then PWON on the FCDEV3B.  If you have neither FCDEV3B nor
GTM900 hardware (i.e., operating only on Mot C1xx and/or Openmoko
devices) and have an already existing installation of an older version
of FC host tools that works for you, there is no real need to update.