FCDEV3B V2 boards are here

Das Signal das.signal at freecalypso.org
Tue Jan 22 12:08:33 UTC 2019

On Sat, Jan 19, 2019 at 12:08:32PM -0800, Mychaela Falconia wrote:

> One possible solution to the SIM socket problem may be to sell the
> boards with defective SIM sockets (at a steeply discounted price, of
> course) to those specialized users who don't need a local SIM directly
> connected to the modem - such a directly connected SIM is required for
> Standard Modem operation, but I know of some users who are using or
> thinking about using our modems for some highly non-standard
> applications, and to the best of my understanding, those applications
> don't need a working SIM socket.  If you are in that category, I now
> have two boards with perfectly good RF in all 3 bands but flaky or
> dead SIM sockets, and you can have them for very cheap.

Hi Mychaela,

One possibility is to buy eg. https://www.sparkfun.com/products/573 and
solder wires from this socket to the pads on the FCDEV3B, which seems
not too difficult, and thus an interesting possibility for those looking
to acquire a FCDEV3B at reduced price and some small amount of rework.

--DS