fc-host-tools-r10 release

Mychaela Falconia mychaela.falconia at gmail.com
Wed Feb 13 07:13:02 UTC 2019

Hello FreeCalypso community,

I just put out a new release of our FC host tools:

ftp://ftp.freecalypso.org/pub/GSM/FreeCalypso/fc-host-tools-r10.tar.bz2

For those who are already running the previous released version (r9a),
there are only two interesting changes:

* If you are running our tools on a 64-bit host system, you definitely
need to update: some of the code that was originally introduced in r8
turned out to be broken on 64-bit systems, and has been fixed in the
present release.

* If you are on a 32-bit system and thus not affected by the above,
there is only one interesting change: the fcup-* -R mechanism has been
extended to work with our newer firmwares that allow longer strings to
be sent in pieces, thereby allowing full use of SMS PDU mode with an
AT-over-RVTMUX interface.  This change should be particularly
interesting to Mot C1xx VPM (voice pseudo-modem) users: in combination
with our latest firmware (c1xx-fcmag-20190129.tar.bz2) it enables full
SMS sending and writing capabilities on these pseudo-modem platforms,
without the limitations of fcup-smsend -t mode which was required
previously.

Happy hacking,