MCSI breakthrough

Das Signal das.signal at freecalypso.org
Sun Apr 7 19:02:27 UTC 2019

Hi Rafael, Mychaela,

I just tested an analog phone call on the FCDEV3B and I'm glad to report
it worked very well! The test setup is as follows:
- a standard 8ohm speaker which I soldered to 2.54mm female cables and
connected to the appropriate header on the board
- an electret microphone also soldered to 2.54mm cables and connected with
the correct polarity to the FCDEV3B

I recompiled the fc-magnetite firmware, flashed it and followed Mychaela's
instructions in https://www.freecalypso.org/members/falcon/fcdev3b/fcdev3b-userman-1.25.pdf
Then I tested voice calls with ATD<phone number>; and it worked perfectely,
audio was crystal clear on both ends. So this configuration is indeed shown
to be working fine! Although Rafael be careful when connecting a sound card,
you don't want to overload the microphone input which could cause in the worst
case permanent damage to the amplifier if the input level is too high.

--DS