New experimental gcc-built firmware

david at matthews.pm david at matthews.pm
Tue Jul 31 13:13:55 UTC 2018

>Hi David!
>
>> Now is a good time to mention that I've been using my freerunner again and
>> that running the recent blob free magnetite release, calls and SMS work
>> without issue
>
>Great!
>
>I just made an updated release that includes a small recent bugfix:
>

>https://bitbucket.org/falconian/fc-magnetite/commits/1ed9de6c90bd0bc0f890a36e85523c1fb7869ffe
>
>That bug can only manifest itself when the firmware runs and sees
>active SMS usage for a very long time without rebooting (like it would
>in a flawlessly-working smartphone :),

ROTFL - I'll upgrade for the sake of keeping up to date, but that's one bug that was never going to bite me. I'm running the last version of qtmoko with the keyboard files that Joif contributed and I think that's as good and as stable as linux on the freerunner gets - it still crashes every third day at least if I forget to do a nightly reboot.

>Because of this change, the "version" or "revision" string for an
>Openmoko modem running any of the recent FreeCalypso fw versions
>always shows something like "GTA02BV4/FreeCalypso",

yes, that's what I see in the modem section of qtmokos System Info tool. I'll try and work out where it grabs that from.

--
David Matthews
david at matthews.pm