FCDEV3B hardware bug: sleep mode self-reboot

Das Signal das.signal at freecalypso.org
Mon Sep 4 15:35:41 UTC 2017

Hi Mychaela,

> Yup, it's the RF PA.  But the PA draws its power from raw VBAT, not
> from any of the regulators, and the VBAT supply to the PA is usually
> routed separately from the VBAT supply to the chipset.  On BenQ's M32
> modem there are separate VBAT pins for the two power consumers (3 pins
> for the PA supply and just one for the chipset)

On this subject I received my BenQ M32 module from China. It comes with
a PCB with holes for 2.54mm headers which is nice. I supplied VBAT and
VBATRF with 3.5V, set PWRON to ground and the module was able to come
to life. I used fc-loadtool in the dsample configuration with a CP2102
connected to TX2/RX2 and dumped the flash memory. The result for the
curious, is at ftp://ftp.freecalypso.org/pub/GSM/BenQ/flash-ds.img
(Mychaela, feel free to move or rename the file if appropriate).
I'm not planning to do more work on this module since the RF frontend
uses unknown components, but still it's nice to see it works ootb.
For reference this is where I bought it: www.ebay.com/itm/-/230864246747

--DS