FCDEV3B project status

Mychaela Falconia mychaela.falconia at gmail.com
Fri May 26 21:20:11 UTC 2017

Hello FC community,

I am pleased to announce that the situation with REcon has been worked
out and that I will be giving a presentation about FreeCalypso this
summer at a major conference:

https://recon.cx/2017/montreal/

I also got the reimbursement from them for my flight cost, and I have
just placed the order with Digi-Key for both the Molex crimping tool I
am going to use to make proper UART and JTAG connection cables for our
boards, and the adapter for connecting to the RF test port on Openmoko
devices.  I will use the latter to connect an Om-made and Om-calibrated
GTA02 to my CMU200 and verify my calibration setup: see how my own
GMagic calibration for each band compares against the one made at Om's
factory, and how the Tx power levels calibrated by Om compare against
the spec values, against what I am able to produce on the FCDEV3B and
against TI's D-Sample board.

Speaking of the D-Sample (TI's historical development platform of which
I managed to score one back in 2015), that board has the same power
input connector and the same SMA RF interface as our FCDEV3B (I
deliberately chose the same connectors and a few other parts for our
design as TI used on their historical dev platforms), so I can use
almost the same hardware setup with the D-Sample as with our own board.
I still have no way to build my own firmware for this D-Sample, as it
has Clara RF and an earlier Calypso chip version, so I'm limited to
running the ancient 20020917 fw it came with, but TI's L1/RF Test Mode
command interface had not really changed in all those years, and so
both fc-tmsh and my temporarily-unpublished RF calibration software
work just fine with this ancient fw on the D-Sample!

I plan on doing some more work on the calibration software this weekend,
or maybe even tonight.