FreeCalypso production calibration software

david at matthews.pm david at matthews.pm
Mon May 22 07:26:51 UTC 2017

>I laid all of the above out in the open in the hope that the
FreeCalypso community will understand why I feel it would be morally
wrong for these Iranians to continue mooching off of us when it comes
to the calibration software, and forgive me for keeping that sw
unpublished for the time being.

absolutely agree

and I think the GPL principle (am not a license worshipper though!) that you contribute back is a good one

>In any case, this FreeCalypso production calibration software *will*
be published free to the world in the not too distant future, one way
or another: I absolutely abhor the notion of proprietary sw of any

To my way of thinking that is actually more than is morally required. Whilst I do think that source code should be available to anyone that uses compiled binaries, I see no obligation to freely release software developed for private use only in any form.

These people really ought to contribute back in some way; clueless though they may be, they could still have some helpful information for freecalypso project.

--
David Matthews
david at matthews.pm