FCDEV3B component quality issues

david at matthews.pm david at matthews.pm
Wed May 3 11:00:43 UTC 2017

>On this topic I would say the DP-L10 is such a great phone to develop on
>and I totally understand why you'd want to reproduce most of its feature.
>It has a full Calypso chipset (512 KB of SRAM instead of 256 KB), is
>basically unbrickable due to ROM loading, and has a nice screen.

seconded!

except that despite the nice screen, it's impossible for me to even read the time without glasses, which I hate to have to carry around.

I'm sure freecalypso could eventually offer screen configuration with options for large text? But then M says that the undocumented wifi chip will be a show stopper - what a pity!

Glad to hear that the dev board has been so successful.

--
David Matthews
david at matthews.pm