Invalid region error in Citrine

Mychaela Falconia mychaela.falconia at gmail.com
Mon May 1 08:37:54 UTC 2017

Serg wrote:

> I made a Citrine build for fcdev3b target and ran it from RAM the same way
> as c155 builds.

OK...

> used gta02 load agent,

If you meant option -h gta02 to fc-loadtool and fc-xram, then it is
wrong; the correct option for the FCDEV3B target is -h fcfam.

> I initialized RAM-based ffs and set IMEI and rfcaps as dual-us

Setting rfcap to dual-us is also wrong on the FCDEV3B target, as the
current build of the FCDEV3B (FCDEV3B-900) cannot receive 850 MHz DL,
only 900, 1800 and 1900 MHz.  The correct rfcap setting for FCDEV3B-900
and other 900/1800/1900 MHz triband devices is tri900.

If someone desires such a thing, we may be able to make an FCDEV3B-850
variant (850/1800/1900 MHz) if someone tells me what SAW filter part
number I should populate at U402 for 850 MHz DL instead of the B7820
which is currently populated there for 900 MHz DL.

> GPF trace id=A7 ts=000271C8 RR->PCO tc=07 "Invalid region"
> GPF trace id=A7 ts=000271C8 SYST->PCO tc=07 "TRACE ERROR in RR"

TI's firmware is not exactly a paragon of cleanness, and it does
commonly emit some error traces even when everything works normally.
I seem to recall that this "Invalid region" trace is one of those
"normally expected" error traces seen when there is nothing wrong.

The log you have posted ends with RXL_R/RXL_I exchanges, which occur
when the fw is doing a power measurement scan across all frequencies.
What happens after this point - does it get as far as finding a cell
and trying to connect to it?