CSD and GPRS on FCDEV3B with Magnetite

Das Signal das.signal at freecalypso.org
Sun Jun 4 10:29:54 UTC 2017

Hi Mychaela,

Thanks for the detailed update! It is very cool that you got CSD
working, this could be used I think for encrypted voice calls
although I imagine there would be some difficulty since after
decryption by the ARM, the bits would have to be passed back to
the DSP for processing by the audio codec. Still that would be
a very cool use case!

Also, having working GPRS is excellent! I am right to assume the
Calypso Lite (found on the C1xx phones) is not capable of running
a full GPRS stack due to the amount of SRAM that was halved when
compared to the full Calypso? Of course the small 2MB flash that
is found on the C118/C123 would be another major blocking factor.

--DS