Tentative plan: FreeCalypso modem end-use product

david at matthews.pm david at matthews.pm
Wed Jan 4 04:57:25 UTC 2017

>So these are my thoughts - comments, opinions, flames?

Not quite on topic, but I take this as an opportunity to report that the magnetite build for openmoko freerunner works, in my experience, no worse than moko11 & leo2moko.

By "no worse" I actually mean it works fine and all the problems I experienced using this as a main phone again for a couple of weeks were down to the flakiness of the linux kernel used in qtmoko v58.

I seem to remember that older versions of qtmoko were actually a bit more stable although v58 gave better battery life. When I've time I might do a bit of experimenting in that direction.

--
David Matthews
david at matthews.pm