FreeCalypso progress update

Das Signal das.signal at freecalypso.org
Fri Aug 4 08:59:07 UTC 2017

Hi Josh,

Thanks for participating in the discussion :)

With regards to FPGAs, my understanding is that it would require
porting all of TI's DSP code from C64x to VHDL, plus some massive
work on the RF frontend to deal with digital IQ instead of
analog IQ. There would also be problems with power consumption
I believe (making it less for mobile applications). So it's
feasible but probably very hard.

--DS