Realistic plan for our own FreeCalypso phone

GDR! gdr at gdr.name
Fri Nov 4 19:27:13 UTC 2016

> Before I address David's comments specifically, let me point out one
> already existing DIY phone project using a home-made wooden case:
>
> http://mad-science.wonderhowto.com/news/wooden-diy-cell-phone-is-way-cooler-than-any-shiny-smartphone-0134857/
> http://hlt.media.mit.edu/?p=2182
> http://diy-devices.com/devices/cellphone/

As a non-contributor but a big fan who's just watching the list and
waiting for something to flash on his 139:
- One of the most important factors for me is that the phone should not
  stand out. I've had enough inconveniences in my life because of
  suspiciously looking DIY devices.
- My dumbphone needs to be sturdy.
- I absolutely adore the idea of custom, 100% libre hardware, with all
  the artificial limitations removed (like the loudspeaker problem).
- Perhaps later on it would be possible to release v2 of the board (by
  you or somebody who forks the design) which would fit in a standard
  phone case, neo900-style.