Thanks for Support

Das Signal das.signal at freecalypso.org
Tue Jul 26 21:19:58 UTC 2016

Hello Ajay,

Although I have limited experience with osmocom-bb, I think you do have to
use the chainload option to load the layer1. This is really due to a limitation
in the bootloader, expecting 1003 or 1004 which imposes a limitation of the
size of the code you can execute this way (below 16K).

Regarding flashing, I have unfortunately myself bricked a C139 while using
the osmocom-bb flashing tool (to the letter, I should add) as described in
http://bb.osmocom.org/trac/wiki/flashing , and I known someone recently also
bricked his, see

http://lists.osmocom.org/pipermail/baseband-devel/2016-February/004953.html

Which is the very same issue I got too. So be very careful when flashing the
bootloader, so far in my experience Mychaela's erase-program-boot command
has been very reliable, as it both uploads and verifies the bootloader before
comitting any changes to flash in an single step.

--DS