A new Mot C139/140 boot code version found in the wild

Mychaela Falconia mychaela.falconia at gmail.com
Tue Jul 26 18:04:16 UTC 2016

Hi David,

> Sounds like there should be an amendment made to the howtos.
> Would simply changing
>
> fc-loadtool -h compal -c 1003 /dev/ttyUSB0
>
> to 1004 be adequate or maybe additional explanation is necessary?

Simply changing -c 1003 to -c 1004 *will* (future tense) be correct
once we have a new end user release of FC host tools that includes the
just-added compalstage-1004.  But if someone who has only the last
official release installed runs fc-loadtool with -c 1004, all they
would get is this error:

/usr/local/share/freecalypso/compalstage-1004.bin: No such file or directory

If someone actually needs the new "1004" version of compalstage
because they got a very rare phone with 1004-expecting boot code, they
can download compalstage-1004.bin separately from the FTP site and
manually add it to their local installation of FC host tools, but I
don't like the idea of adding such instructions to a general howto -
especially a general howto for something that is nothing more than a
demo toy w/o practical usability.