Status of TCS211 on C139

Das Signal das.signal at freecalypso.org
Sat Nov 14 12:55:27 CET 2015

On Sat, Nov 14, 2015 at 03:27:36AM +0000, Mychaela Falconia wrote:

> > Nonetheless flashing at 406250 baud worked fine,
>
> One good thing about 406250 baud is that 24 MHz clock-based adapters
> can produce it much more accurately than 812500.  CP2102 produces
> 406780 baud when programmed for 406250, so it's a much smaller error.

Good to know!

> The best way to allow a given phone to be reflashed freely back and
> forth between Mot/Compal's fw and ours is to give the firmwares totally
> separate FFS, *not* the same FFS!  This reasoning is exactly why I put
> the aftermarket FFS configuration for FreeCalypso-on-C139 where I did:
> Mot/Compal's fw won't touch the 0x3C0000-0x3EFFFF region we use, while
> our fw won't touch the 0x370000-0x3BFFFF region the original fw uses
> for its FFS.  This way whichever fw happens to be flashed in the
> 0-0x36FFFF region will use its respective FFS, while the other FFS
> will sit there untouched, waiting for its respective fw to come back
> and visit. :)

I had not realized both FFS would coexist side-by-side, thanks for the
information! I'm going to revert the change and proceed as your described.
So far I didn't encountered any crashes when using the UI, however that's
probably because the SIM I'm using does not have any contact or SMS
stored, I'll probably just create a contact to enable a more realistic
use case.

--DS