Status of TCS211 on C139

Mychaela Falconia falcon at ivan.Harhan.ORG
Fri Nov 6 17:37:29 CET 2015

Hi David,

https://www.freecalypso.org/experimental-builds/tcs211-c139-build20151105.tar.bz2

> (as was helpfully done with leo2moko)

The difference is that leo2moko was believed (correctly) to be a stable
release suitable to be called moko12, whereas the current build for
C139 is *known* to *not* work in a practically usable manner - so it
just gives you a peek as to what to expect when the LCD garbage and
other pressing bugs get fixed.

> I think I'm then brave enough to try the c139 flash routine -
> at least on the 2nd rather dodgy one of the two that I have :-0

You know how to back up the previous flash content so you can go back
if you need to, right?

I am also going to put out a packaged release of the current FC host
tools (loadtools + rvinterf tools) so you and others in a similar
position won't have to build a gcc cross-compiler toolchain for ARM7
just to compile loadagent and compalstage.  Loadtools require these
target-side components, thus one has to either compile them from
source or use a packaged release of loadtools, and the last such
"official" release (loadtools-r2 from 2014-01) predates the addition
of Compal target support.