FreeCalypso update: progress with DSP patches and voice calls

david at matthews.pm david at matthews.pm
Mon Nov 2 08:50:57 CET 2015

>But semi-libre fw on Mot C139 seems like a reasonable
>interim step to help those who can't wait for our own hw.  And once we
>have this semi-libre fw on Mot C139, I would say building our own hw
>should be a higher priority next step than reconstructing L1 to get fw
>without any blobs...
>
>Thoughts, ideas, comments?

Yes definitely:-

\o/

:-) as a SA based C139 user (my pirelli is still in the UK waiting for me to collect it) + I have a 2nd rather dodgy one (that doesn't work quite right) - so big plus for me and you're guaranteed at least one tester and a howto writer.

Incidentally I do hope my earlier comments about sub-projects of sub-projects were received in the spirit I intended. Obviously the people doing the work on this project are completely entitled to take it in whatever direction takes their fancy; I just thought that maybe goal orientation was slipping unnoticed.

--
David Matthews
david at matthews.pm