FC project direction

david at matthews.pm david at matthews.pm
Sat May 30 13:13:54 CEST 2015

hi DS

>Thanks Nick. I have bought a second-hand GTA02, it appears to work fine.
>Which project/release would you recommend? I have only tried Om 2008.12
>so far, but have heard of SHR and QtMoko. Ideally I'd like a Debian-
>based distro.

I'd definitely go for QtMoko, which is Debian based. SHR in my experience is hopelessly broken in recent years.

The v58 release, which is the last one, may be as close to decently usable as the Freerunner ever got. There was a third party add on release which made a really big improvement to the keyboard a while before development (seems to have) stopped.

Give me a shout if you can't find it and I'll send you the necessary files.
.

--
David Matthews
david at matthews.pm