Pirelli DP-L10 OTA firmware update procedure

Vadim Yanitskiy axilirator at gmail.com
Tue Jan 9 20:46:45 UTC 2024

Hi Mychaela and FreeCalypso community,

I was curious about the OTA firmware update procedure, which is
supported by the stock firmware of Pirelli DP-L10 (a.k.a. Arcor Twintel
DP-L10, a.k.a. Telekom TC-300, ...).  Mychaela documented some of her
assumptions about the OTA procedure here:

ftp://ftp.freecalypso.org/pub/GSM/Pirelli/fwupdate-magic.zip

but IIRC, she had no experience doing it herself.  Today I found an
article, explaining the process:

https://web.archive.org/web/20150918171544/http://blog.manty.net/2011/10/how-to-solve-90-of-problems-with-your.html

Thanks to this article (and to archive.org), I was able to perform the
firmware upgrade over WiFi myself on one of my Pirelli phones.  For
those who are interested, I documented what I did here:

https://osmocom.org/projects/baseband/wiki/PirelliDPL10#OTA-Firmware-Update

Additionally, I documented some secret codes supported by the stock
firmware here:

https://osmocom.org/projects/baseband/wiki/PirelliDPL10#MMI-codes

--
Best regards,