Arch Linux (AUR) package(s) for freecalypso

Vadim Yanitskiy axilirator at gmail.com
Thu Aug 31 18:52:43 UTC 2023

Hi Mychaela and community,

FYI, I just created a new 'freecalypso-tools' package for Arch Linux:

https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/freecalypso-tools-hg

The '-hg' in its name means that it's the most recent version from the
repository (is it called 'tip' in mercurial?).  In case you're
interested, the PKGBUILD file can be found here:

https://aur.archlinux.org/cgit/aur.git/tree/PKGBUILD?h=freecalypso-tools-hg

I foresee the question about the '/opt/freecalypso' directory.  The
answer is: yes, the resulting package does contain all relevant files in
'/opt/freecalypso'.  The only exception is documentation files, which
get installed to the recommended location for Arch - '/usr/share/doc/'.

I had to apply a patch in order to get it compiling with gcc v13.2.1,
please find it attached.  If possible, would be nice if you could merge
it upstream.  For now I am applying it in the PKGBUILD.

I am planning to submit more packages soon.
Feedback and patches are very welcome!

--
Best regards,
Vadim.