Firmware bring-up status

Das Signal das.signal at freecalypso.org
Fri May 1 21:33:43 CEST 2015

Hi SF,

Thanks a lot for the detailed update! It is indeed a very important
milestone for the FreeCalypso project, and things are looking good :)

Regarding the weird crash, I've encountered a similar issue when
resetting the C118, it appears that the SRAM or internal CPU
registers take a while to properly reset to their initial state. Maybe
this is due to the ancient (180nm?) lithography process that leads
to more data remanence than recent processes.

As of now I'm using a controllable relay to properly disconnect the
battery for a couple seconds between CPU reset, this seems to take
care of the issue. Although the battery is controller through the JTAG
SRST, the same could be achieved with a teensy's GPIO for instance.
If you think this might solve your issue, let me know and I can walk
you through the setup. It's unfortunate that there are no Motorola
850/1900 Calypso-based phones that have, to my knowledge, JTAG exposed -
this could be very useful for your testing.

--DS